Monday, January 23, 2012

Another year wiser?

Yesterday was my birthday.  Quiet weekend, and so different from any birthdays I celebrated in my 20's..... or even ever!

I had no desire to go out ( I think New Years Eve filled my quota for a while. hehehe)  So a quiet morning at home, took my one daughter to gymnastics-and met a friend for coffee (she introduced me to a new coffee flavour..... white chocolate mocha, non fat, no whip, peppermint shot)  and my long run in perfect temps.

I have really been taking my long runs easy, tempo runs speedy--after some great advice, it's really sunk in.  And strangely, I happened to glance at my Garmin, to keep myself honest, and thought 'oh I must be running around a 6min pace' ........ nope 5:10m pace!  And it felt so easy.  So I'm a believer! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment