Saturday, June 9, 2012

Miss Minimus

I've been looking for a new pair of shoes to start breaking in because my Adidas are getting miles on them, and they don't make that version anymore.

Last week, I went to Sport Chek and tried on the Saucony Kinvara 3 and the New Balance Minimus 3090.  Both felt great on my feet, priced the same but as I had never heard of the NB, I decided to think for a few days and do some research.

The NB use revlite in their shoe, with a bunch of 'pods' on the outer sole.  Weighing in at 5.1 oz, and I noticed Foot Locker carried them in HOT PINK!!!
I went to a Foot Locker location, and they didn't have them in store, but would UPS to my house for an 8$ fee.  SOLD!!  (ps, I did ask Sport Chek, and the salesman said they wouldn't try to get me the other color other than what they had in store *black/teal*, and the NB wasn't even offered on the Sport Chek site)
At my door within 3 days!
Took them for a 6k run the first day, and I felt so light on my feet.  They do have quite a bit of cushioning.  They felt really GOOD!  Second day, I went super hilly 12+ km run, on a dirt road.  Whoopdee what??  My feet were still loving this shoe!!    I am shoe delight!!!

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love it when you find the right shoe. I am now on the quest for that..I suspect it will take me some time, and trial and error but looking forward to that feeling you got with these..and they were super light!

    ReplyDelete