Monday, June 4, 2012

Well rested

Last week was just a terrible week for mileage.  Life and weather just didnt cooperate, and I had a weekly total of 8 miles.   8.miles.that.is.all!

So, I used it as a cutback week, and put myself back into my weight room.  Which, I actually enjoyed and felt that familiar burn of lifting.
Saturday, I met up with Brookie, we picked up our race kits for the group doing the 1k/8k Alfie Shrubb, and we had a little retail therapy, hiding from the weather.
Bubble gum ice cream and not enough napkins





Sunday morning, up and at 'em early, and the weather was cool and gray but no rain. PERFECT running weather.  We arrived JUST in time for the kids to do the 1km run, Steele only had Gordie the Camel in mind.   (Side note: they had mentioned camel rides when we picked up kits, and then only allowed picture taking from behind Gordies fence corall)
Totally staring at the camel
Love their runs!

The 8km started an hour after the kids, so we had time to go get our chips from the school and get set up.  Starting the run, I wanted to stay about 5min km pace, I had read the course description and it said 'starting flat and coming to some hills, out and back"  I felt really good, and the hills turned out to be ONE hill (it was large) and I was unable to keep an eye on my pace anymore, because my garmin decided it was full at about a mile in. (my own fault--it's been warning me for a week that data was reaching limit)  I turned it off, because I could hear it beeping and imagined it was probally driving other runners insane.
A little blurry-running trio
I finished in just over 41minutes, and as per usual, I have those 2nd guessing thoughts, because I wasnt winded or tired, I really wished I had of pushed myself a little more. 
It was a great course, and pretty well organized.  (They could have used a few garbage cans around the race area, NOT just across the road  in the schoole, especially since they were giving out juice boxes to the kids)

And to top off the day, a beautiful rainbow outside my front door!




No comments:

Post a Comment