Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Burn out?

Do you ever have runs where you feel like WHY do I do this?  Yesterday I went out for a short 9km around the block.  It was rainy, windy, gray and cold.  I had to stop numerous times to blow my nose (I have been on the verge of a cold for a while) , needed to move over to the side of the road to the dirt shoulder for cars, which felt like sink holes in some spots. And I just felt defeated. 




I followed my run with a hot shower and decided I was going to have to reevaluate my training, find some new routes and not let one bad run overtake my mindset.








Today I went back out.  I did intervals and hills.  Different hill then usual, and did my intervals by time, not distance. 1.25 w/u , 6x5min with 1min rest, then 5 hill repeats, and 1.25 min c/d.  total of 11.72 km
I felt strong and it was nice to do something different.

2 comments:

  1. Argh, I've definitely had those runs. I just can't remember them. Coming back to running makes me feel like a newbie all over again! I can't wait till I can run a crappy 9k :)

    I can't believe you ran with a cold coming on :) I'm such a wuss with sickness I take a whole week off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to switch it up girl. Ray Zahab says that running is 90% mental and 10% mental LOL It's soo true.
    My running coach has taught us to smile while running because it tricks the body into believing all is good. It really works.
    Bravo. Remember, sometimes you do need to rest but who am I to talk. I usually run when I am not feeling the greatest either but my coach says that if it's neck and above you are good to go, if it's the neck and below it's wise not to run and take care of ourselves.
    Much running love to us all!

    ReplyDelete