Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dreams and Mangled toes

I had a dream the other night, that I was visiting with an old friend.  In real life I havent seen this person or talked to them in 12+ yrs.   In my dream, we were washing dishes.  I do dream often, but I really remembered this dream vividly for some reason.
When I went thru a dream dictionary :
To dream that you are washing dishes suggest that you are moving on and planning for the next thing that comes your way. Alternatively, it represents your daily routine. Perhaps you are in a rut.

To see your childhood friend in your dream signifies regression into your past where you had no responsibilities. Things were much simpler and carefree.

After reading that, I think back to my post the other day of feeling burnt out and questioning WHY I run.  But then a rest day Friday, and I remember why I run.  I crave it. I love the feel of the ground beneath my feet, the cold rush in my lungs and the job of controlling my breathing.  Pushing thru the wind, jumping puddles or potholes, being aware of every leg muscles as I trot up hills.  I run becasue it's my drug.  And a day without my fix, Pammie goes stir crazy. HA!

Other news, I giggle, my feet are not so pretty anymore.  I finished my 20km today, and rested my feet in Scott's lap.  His response was how I have been beating THE HELL out of my feet. My toenails are misshaped, callouses on the ends (and sides) of my toes. I havent lost any toenails (thankfully) .

Oh well, until they make an open toed runner-- my feet are hidden from publics eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment