Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Starting to freak a little...........

HOT HOT HOT.
We've had a few 'thunderstorms' in the past month.  Like 2.  And it slightly cools the temps for an hour or so after.  THEN right back to humid and hot.  Admittedly, I have been struggling with the runs.  When I do run, there are numerous walk breaks, standing under the tree in the shade and wishing I was 'I dream of Jeannie' and blinking and being home again. 
 
Today was a 10k struggle.  HOW THE EFF will I run 30km on the 18th of August?  I am hoping with all my heart and secretly doing rain dances in my backyard, that because it's a night (5:30pm start) that the temps will be cooler. ARGH.  Scott said I'm stubborn enough, that when the time comes- hot or not, I'll just do it because I have to. HA.

On another note, I've done 4 of the 90 day workouts on non run days.  They are pretty fun, and a nice break from the monotony of just lifting weights. It's a non stop of 25-45 minutes of body weight, light/heavier dumbells, stability ball type workout.  Disc 3 was HARD. Like H.A.R.D.  I consider myself in pretty good shape, and it was challenging during the workout, but the next day......I could barely get down the stairs.  My calves were on FIRE. Disc 3 was constant jump squats, jump lunges, burpees, mountain climbers, AAAAAAAND repeat.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Disc 3 was warrior dash like stuff! lol Way to go for doing it girl.
    I hear you on the running.
    I've been doing the dreadmill more. Especially while increasing my runs during the week. I get three outside, and two to three indoors.
    You'll do it but this humidity is a f'n killer!

    ReplyDelete