Friday, December 21, 2012

Treadmill AND snow!

Winter has hit! Sick kids, and snow. 

I have been trying to stick to my schedule and get my Christmas stuff done and with school germs and coughing kiddoo's, sometimes it is hard to get it all in.
I have been a few kilometers short each week and trying to make it up --sometimes a shorter run (but at least I ran) or  a hillier route to work a little harder.

Last night, I HAD to get the treadmill out and it wasnt too bad.  I figured 30 minutes but also realized if I am going to do longer runs on the dreaded tread, I am going to have to hook the TV back up downstairs.

I stayed with the treadmill at 1.5 incline and 6mph for the first 20 min, then the last 10 minutes, I played with the speed going up to 7 for a minute, back to 6, etc.

Woke up this am, and there was a bunch of snow!  Bah Humbug!  And I am trying my best to ignore I am getting the cold going thru our house. SHHHH!
 I have stuff to do tonight in town--so no treadmill, so while it was slushy and big flakes, it wasnt that cold and I got a quick 5 km in.

No comments:

Post a Comment